Join us in our woodland to learn about our whole school approach to Forest School.
Find out how we use forest school all year round for all year groups and discover how the forest school ethos has a positive impact on children’s mental health. We will also explain how we use forest school to improve outcomes for vulnerable children through targeted intervention.
Who should attend?
- Senior Leaders or school staff who are considering a forest school approach at their setting.
- Anyone considering becoming a qualified Forest School leader
What others say about Forest School
“Overall, studies of adventure learning interventions consistently show positive benefits on academic learning. On average, pupils who participate in adventure learning interventions make approximately four additional months’ progress. There is also evidence of an impact on non-cognitive outcomes such as self-confidence. The evidence suggests that the impact is greater for more vulnerable students.” Education Endowment Foundation, Outdoor Adventure Learning report
“I feel really happy and I don’t feel like I’ve got anything on my mind. IT makes me feel I can enjoy myself and have fun anywhere.” Child in Year 4
“It gives me a boost in my confidence. I feel happy, calm, not stressed. Without it I would have a poor attitude. I have learnt to let things go.” Child in Year 5
“The Forest girls group gives the children a sense of self worth and self confidence that they can bring back to the classroom. It helps them develop new friendships and strengthen existing ones.” Year 5 teacher
Benefits of Attending
- Spend time in the forest with our endorsed Forest School Trainer and our qualified Forest School Leaders
- Understand more about becoming a Forest School leader and how to implement a Forest School programme in your setting.
- Try out some forest school activities such as fire lighting and tool work.
- Hear about the successes and benefits of our whole school approach.
- Find out how Forest School has a positive impact on outcomes for vulnerable children.