Important Information regarding “Universal Free School Meals”
Did you know that registering your child for free school meals means that the school gets extra money (Pupil Premium)?
This applies to all children even those in Reception, Year 1 & Year 2 who already receive a “Universal Free school meal.”
If you are in receipt of any of the following please see Mrs Hamilton in the school office:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance (income-based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (income-related)
- support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – providing you are NOT entitled to Working Tax Credit and your family’s annual income (as assessed by HMRC) is not more than £16,190 (as at 6 April 2012)
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment you may receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
If you are receiving Working Tax Credit you are not entitled to free school meals, regardless of your income.
What do I need to do?
Children in Reception, Year 1 & Year 2 who receive a “Universal Free school meal.” – you are still required to register with Wiltshire Council for Free school meals for the school to get Pupil Premium. So, if you are eligible as above, please speak to Mrs Hamilton in the school office or follow the link below.
Children in Years 3, 4, 5 & 6 – Please register as soon as possible by speaking to Mrs Hamilton in the school office or following the link below.
Registering for free school meals is confidential, no one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
- Apply online for free school meals
- Download a Free school meals application form 2014-15 55kb This completed form can be returned to Mrs Hamilton or you can send it direct to:
Free School Meals Children’s Services
But my child doesn’t want school lunches…..
If your child does not wish to have the free school meals they can continue as normal bringing in their own lunch – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school will still get the Pupil Premium.